Am 27.05.2013 14:56, schrieb Paolo Donadeo: > On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Mr. Herr > wrote: > > Scheme is even a better example for the problems non university learners encounter, > than Ocaml, IMO. > Your point of view is rather supporting mine. > > > So, the problem with OCaml is the attitude of OCamlers in using precise and > contextual terminology? > > Let's adopt PHP jargon! YEAH! ;-) The fact that this is ridiculous does not show that I am wrong. > > OCaml has been the first functional language I learned. Alone, without a teacher, > and the new (to me), precise, lexicon of this community (in contrast with the > OO/Java vocabulary I was used to) is exactly one of the best values of the language. > In your style I would say so let's close all computer science departments and fire all IT trainers. But I think the case of people complaining on stackoverflow about "trying to wrap my head around FP for months, with little result..." is more common. /Str.