Hi, One major concern with using cygwin to compile ocamlc etc. is that the resulting executables are subject to copy-left since it uses a DLL that is distributed under GPL. To quote from README.win32 in the top folder of the source: (*) Cygwin-generated .exe files refer to a DLL that is distributed under the GPL. Thus, these .exe files can only be distributed under a license that is compatible with the GPL. Executables generated by MSVC or by MinGW have no such restrictions. There's a difference between using cygwin to build the system (in other words, compile everything with gcc) vs. using cygwin to compile the tools (in other words, use a cygwin shell to execute all of the Makefile/Makefile.nt files and msvc or MinGW as the compiler). I have been building ocaml with the MSVC compiler for quite a while. I use cygwin to run the shell and Makefiles in the build process. I don't use cygwin compilers or utilities (other than make) in my production code. I don't have any experience with the MinGW port. I haven't done a thorough testing of all of the tools in OCaml-4.00.1 but I believe they all work. [The only problem I have had is that I have to manually block making the library otherlibs/labltk/browser.] also, r.3@libertyserf.fr said: > Is anyone using omake on windows? Does it have a dependency on Cygwin like ocamlbuild? I believe that is false that ocamlbuild depends on cygwin. Bill > Hi, > I am looking to use ocaml to implement a project for my employer. However, the > environment is Windows OS. I am using cygwin and so far it seems to work but >curious on experiences others have on using ocaml on windows - both as a > development and deployment platform. Also has anyone tried using opam on >windows? Does it work? >Bikal