From: "Daniel Bünzli" <daniel.buenzli@erratique.ch>
To: John Whitington <john@coherentgraphics.co.uk>
Cc: "caml-list@inria.fr" <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Do you use a debugger with OCaml? If not, why not?
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 15:55:50 +0000	[thread overview]

Le mercredi, 25 novembre 2015 à 12:49, John Whitington a écrit :
> If not a debugger, why not?

For UI reasons.

When I was doing ios work you could just set a break point in the ide by clicking in the margin, hit the run button and you'd simply stop there and be able to inspect the state of your program. It was quick and easy so I would use it — note however that sometimes it was easier to get exactly what you wanted through a printf statement.

Lacking such a trivial setup, printf is quicker.

Best,

Daniel