* [Caml-list] OCaml 2013 - Call for presentations
@ 2013-04-16 18:54 Michel Mauny
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Michel Mauny @ 2013-04-16 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear List,

Here is the call for presentations to OCaml 2013, the OCaml Users and Developers Workshop, to be held in Boston, on September 24, 2013. The submission site should open in a few days. News about the workshop will be posted here as well as at http://ocaml.org/meetings/ocaml/2013/

                           OCAML 2013
                The  OCaml Users and Developers Workshop
                http://ocaml.org/meetings/ocaml/2013/
                       Boston, Massachusetts, USA
                           September 24, 2013

                        CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

                      Co-located with ICFP 2013
                        Sponsored by SIGPLAN
            Talk Proposal Submission Deadline: June 7, 2013

The first occurrence of the OCaml Users and Developers Workshop was
colocated with ICFP 2012, in Copenhagen, following the OCaml Meetings
in Paris in 2010 and 2011. OCaml 2013 will be held on September 24,
2013, in Boston, colocated with ICFP 2013.

The OCaml Users and Developers Workshop brings together industrial
users of OCaml with academics and hackers who are working on extending
the language, type system and tools. Discussions will focus on the
practical aspects of OCaml programming and the nitty gritty of the
tool-chain and upcoming improvements and changes.  Thus, we aim to
solicit talks on all aspects related to improving the use or
development of the language and of its programming environment,
including, for example:

- compiler developments, new backends, runtime and architectures

- practical type system improvements, such as (but not exhaustively)
  GADTs, first-class modules, generic programming, or dependent types

- new library or application releases, and their design rationales

- tool enhancements by commercial consultants

- prominent industrial uses of OCaml, or deployments in unusual
  situations.

It will be an informal meeting, with an online scribe report of the
meeting, but no formal proceedings. Slides of presentations will be
available online from the workshop homepage.

To submit a talk, please register a description of the talk (about 2
pages long) at http://ocaml.org/meetings/ocaml/2013/talks/ providing a
clear statement of what will be brought by the talk: the problems that
are addressed, the technical solutions or methods that are
proposed. If you wish to perform a demo or require any special setup,
we will do our best to accommodate you.

Schedule
========

Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday, June 7, 2013
Notification to Speakers: Friday, July 7, 2013
Workshop: Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Program Committee
=================

* Damien Doligez, INRIA Paris-Rocquencourt, France
* Jun Furuse, Standard Chartered Bank, Singapore
* Jacques Le Normand, Google, USA
* Michel Mauny, ENSTA-ParisTech, France (chair)
* Mark Shinwell, Jane Street Europe, UK
* David Walker, Princeton University, USA
* Jeremy Yallop, University of Cambridge, UK
* Sarah Zennou, EADS IW, France

If you have any questions, please e-mail:
Michel Mauny <michel.mauny AT ensta-paristech DOT fr>

--
Michel Mauny

ENSTA ParisTech

* [Caml-list] [Reminder] CFP: OCaml 2013 - Boston, deadline is June 7
@ 2013-05-13  8:53 ` Michel Mauny
From: Michel Mauny @ 2013-05-13  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: caml-list

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message. Please
forward to whom could be interested.

Here is the announce of OCaml 2013, to be held in Boston (sep 24), as
a side event of ICFP 2013. The submission site is now open, and the
deadline for submissions is June 7.

     https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ocaml2013

Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday, June 7, 2013
Notification to Speakers: Friday, July 7, 2013
Workshop: Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Program Committee
=================

* Damien Doligez, INRIA Paris-Rocquencourt, France
* Jun Furuse, Standard Chartered Bank, Singapore
* Jacques Le Normand, Google, USA
* Michel Mauny, ENSTA-ParisTech, France (chair)
* Mark Shinwell, Jane Street Europe, UK
* David Walker, Princeton University, USA
* Jeremy Yallop, University of Cambridge, UK
* Sarah Zennou, EADS IW, France

If you have any questions, please e-mail:
Michel Mauny <michel.mauny AT ensta-paristech DOT fr>

--
Michel Mauny
ENSTA ParisTech
828, boulevard des Maréchaux
91762 Palaiseau Cedex
+33 1 8187 2032

* [Caml-list] [Reminder] CFP: OCaml 2013, deadline at the end of the week
@ 2013-06-04 15:48 ` Michel Mauny
From: Michel Mauny @ 2013-06-04 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear OCaml enthusiasts,

Let me remind you that the deadline for submissions to OCaml 2013 is
approaching (June 7)!.

Please forward this message to whoever could be interested.

Submissions at:

     https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ocaml2013

Below is the full call for presentations. All the best,

- Michel Mauny

Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday, June 7, 2013
Notification to Speakers: Friday, July 7, 2013
Workshop: Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Program Committee
=================

* Damien Doligez, INRIA Paris-Rocquencourt, France
* Jun Furuse, Standard Chartered Bank, Singapore
* Jacques Le Normand, Google, USA
* Michel Mauny, ENSTA-ParisTech, France (chair)
* Mark Shinwell, Jane Street Europe, UK
* David Walker, Princeton University, USA
* Jeremy Yallop, University of Cambridge, UK
* Sarah Zennou, EADS IW, France

If you have any questions, please e-mail:
Michel Mauny <michel.mauny AT ensta-paristech DOT fr>

--
Michel Mauny
ENSTA ParisTech
828, boulevard des Maréchaux
91762 Palaiseau Cedex
+33 1 8187 2032

* Re: [Caml-list] [Reminder] CFP: OCaml 2013, deadline at the end of the week
@ 2013-06-07 13:24   ` Michel Mauny
From: Michel Mauny @ 2013-06-07 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michel Mauny; +Cc: caml-list

Hi,

Let me be more precise about the deadline for submitting presentations
for OCaml 2013: it is "June 7, anywhere on earth", as I've read on
another CFP.

Also, some people wonder whether they should have *exactly* two
pages. Of course not, it could me a little more, or a little less. The
important thing is that the PC understands what you are addressing, and
what you did/propose/plan-to-do.

Thanks for your submissions,

- Michel

Michel Mauny écrit/writes [04/06/2013 17:48] :
> [...]
> proposed. If you wish to perform a demo or require any special setup,
> we will do our best to accommodate you.
>
> Schedule
> ========
>
> Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday, June 7, 2013
> Notification to Speakers: Friday, July 7, 2013
> Workshop: Tuesday, September 24, 2013
>
> Program Committee
> =================
>
> * Damien Doligez, INRIA Paris-Rocquencourt, France
> * Jun Furuse, Standard Chartered Bank, Singapore
> * Jacques Le Normand, Google, USA
> * Michel Mauny, ENSTA-ParisTech, France (chair)
> * Mark Shinwell, Jane Street Europe, UK
> * David Walker, Princeton University, USA
> * Jeremy Yallop, University of Cambridge, UK
> * Sarah Zennou, EADS IW, France
>
> If you have any questions, please e-mail:
> Michel Mauny <michel.mauny AT ensta-paristech DOT fr>

* [Caml-list] Deadline extension: OCaml 2013, new deadline on June 18 (anywhere on earth)
@ 2013-06-10 13:51 ` Michel Mauny
From: Michel Mauny @ 2013-06-10 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear all,

OCaml 2013 extends its submission deadline. The new deadline is June
18, anywhere on earth.

Let me remind you that the scope of OCaml 2013 is rather broad, and
includes experience reports, libraries, bindings, extensions,
optimizations, and virtually everything concerning about. The only
requirement is a short description of what you'd like to address, and
what you'd like to present. The description does not have to be long,
but should be explicit enough for the PC members to understand what
your presentation is about.

Some travel grants shall be available for students or people having
financial difficulties for attending OCaml 2013.

If you missed time for meeting the original deadline, if you use OCaml
in your company and would like to share your experience with OCaml
users and developers, if you have something cool to present, don't
hesitate!

Please forward this message to whoever could be interested, and redirect
questions to <michel DOT mauny AT ensta-paristech.fr>

Submissions are at:

     https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ocaml2013

Below is the full (modified) call for presentations. All the best,

- Michel Mauny

                           OCAML 2013
                The  OCaml Users and Developers Workshop
                http://ocaml.org/meetings/ocaml/2013/
                       Boston, Massachusetts, USA
                           September 24, 2013

                        CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

                      Co-located with ICFP 2013
                        Sponsored by SIGPLAN
            New Submission Deadline: June 18, 2013 (anywhere on earth)

[...]

New Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday, June 18, 2013 (anywhere on earth)
Notification to Speakers: Friday, July 7, 2013
Workshop: Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Program Committee
=================

* Damien Doligez, INRIA Paris-Rocquencourt, France
* Jun Furuse, Standard Chartered Bank, Singapore
* Jacques Le Normand, Google, USA
* Michel Mauny, ENSTA-ParisTech, France (chair)
* Mark Shinwell, Jane Street Europe, UK
* David Walker, Princeton University, USA
* Jeremy Yallop, University of Cambridge, UK
* Sarah Zennou, EADS IW, France

If you have any question, please e-mail:
Michel Mauny <michel.mauny AT ensta-paristech DOT fr>

--
Michel Mauny
ENSTA ParisTech
828, boulevard des Maréchaux
91762 Palaiseau Cedex
+33 1 8187 2032

* [Caml-list] OCaml 2013 (24/09, Boston): Preliminary program is available
@ 2013-07-12  9:48   ` Michel Mauny
From: Michel Mauny @ 2013-07-12  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michel Mauny; +Cc: caml-list

Dear all,

The OCaml 2013 (preliminary) program is now available:

  http://ocaml.org/meetings/ocaml/2013/program.html

The workshop is just the day before ICFP, and the registration is now
open (from http://icfpconference.org/icfp2013/).

It is time to plan your trip and to make hotel reservations!

Hope to see you there,

- Michel Mauny, for the OCaml 2013 Program Committee