* [Caml-list] OCaml installer on Windows no longer installs MinGW?
@ 2013-07-15 12:11 Romain Bardou
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Romain Bardou @ 2013-07-15 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I just installed OCaml from http://protz.github.io/ocaml-installer/ on a
fresh Windows 7 32bit installation, in VirtualBox, and run into several
problems.

During OCaml installation...

- It failed to download Tcl/Tk but I don't care about Tcl/Tk so I continued.

During Cryptokit compilation...

- The configure step returned no error although it should have (see below).

- It failed to compile because it could not find i686-w64-mingw32-gcc.
  Apparently it was not installed by the OCaml installer.

- I found no way to specify the GCC executable name during the "setup.ml
-configure" step. Can OASIS handle this?

- I installed the Cygwin packages mingw64-i686-gcc and
mingw64-i686-headers myself.
  Then, compiling Cryptokit failed: ocamlmklib raised End_of_file while
trying to read libmoldname.a, which happens to be 8 bytes long.

I have absolutely no clue what to do now. Is the installer from
protz.github deprecated?

Thanks,

--
Romain Bardou