You also have OcaIDE available as an Eclipse plugin (http://www.algo-prog.info/ocaide/). On 10/02/2013 07:06 PM, Gabriel Scherer wrote: > I think the most advanced project regarding IDE integration nowadays > is Merlin ( https://github.com/def-lkb/merlin ), which gives direct > feedback on syntax and typing errors. It doesn't have any knowledge of > unit tests or coverage checking, but it would probably be the right > tool to start with to integrate such a feature. > > Note that there has been a bit of back-and-forth on the instant > feedback feature. Previous iterations were deemed a bit too visually > invasive, and some people don't like to risk being interrupted by > their IDE while they think about their code. I think it's always > better to have the feature available, but there is clearly some tuning > to have, and potential for overdoing it. > > The other project that jumps to mind is the Why3 IDE ( > http://why3.lri.fr/ ). It seems they're not hype enough to have video > stuff available, but from what I remember the GUI does a pretty good > job of giving feedback on how external provers run, and pieces of code > that were previously verified and aren't anymore. > > > On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 6:00 PM, David MENTRE > wrote: > > Hello, > > Somebody has recently shown me the NCrunch (http://www.ncrunch.net/) > plug-in running under Microsoft Visual Studio and I was quite > impressed by it. This plug-in allows to define and run a test suite on > a C# program. The very nice thing about NCrunch is that the tests are > run in the background, without any user intervention (without even the > need to save files!). A set of coloured icons are displayed next to > each test to see if the test succeeded or not and some additional > pop-ups or right-clicks bring additional information. This approach > brings a very fluent way to develop some code and test it > simultaneously. > > In the same spirit, I have seen the Dafny development environment for > proved programs > (https://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/dafny/), still on > Visual Studio, where this time Verification Conditions and proofs of > the program being edited are generated and run in the background, with > coloured icons displaying the result. Once again, no need for the user > to click on icons or do any specific action. > > So my question: are there similar OCaml editors available or being > worked on that would allow running tasks in the background and > displaying result in the editor without user intervention? > > There is apparently a lot of development in the OCaml development > environment these days so somebody might already work on something > similar. > > By "OCaml editor", I am voluntarily ambiguous: I am interested in both > editor to program in OCaml and editor programmed in OCaml (or > interfaced with OCaml) and which could be used for other languages. > > Best regards, > david > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs > >