* ocaml icon
@ 2009-07-28 20:01 Vu Ngoc San
From: Vu Ngoc San @ 2009-07-28 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

After installing ocaml on windows, I've be shocked by the old fashioned icon
that appears on the desktop. To say it frankly, compared to the other icons
showing up on the desktop, it seems quite ugly.

Is there somewhere any good replacement for it ?

* Re: [Caml-list] ocaml icon
@ 2009-07-28 20:42 ` Vu Ngoc San
From: Vu Ngoc San @ 2009-07-28 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Well, this was an incentive to learn inkscape and draw my own icon...

Here is what I could come up with:
http://ocean.univ-rennes1.fr/perso/san.vu-ngoc/images/ocaml-icon.png

This is based on the icon I found at
http://www-roc.inria.fr/who/Francois.Clement/icon/JoeCaml.png

What do you think ;) ?

San

* Re: [Caml-list] ocaml icon
@ 2009-07-28 20:50   ` Vu Ngoc San
From: Vu Ngoc San @ 2009-07-28 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm sorry, here is the public address:

http://perso.univ-rennes1.fr/san.vu-ngoc/images/ocaml-icon.png

San

Le mardi 28 juillet 2009 22:42:34, Vu Ngoc San a écrit :
> Well, this was an incentive to learn inkscape and draw my own icon...
>
> Here is what I could come up with:
> http://ocean.univ-rennes1.fr/perso/san.vu-ngoc/images/ocaml-icon.png
>
> This is based on the icon I found at
> http://www-roc.inria.fr/who/Francois.Clement/icon/JoeCaml.png
>
> What do you think ;) ?
>
> San

* Re: [Caml-list] ocaml icon
@ 2009-07-28 22:38     ` Peng Zang
From: Peng Zang @ 2009-07-28 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Vu Ngoc San

* Re: [Caml-list] ocaml icon
@ 2009-07-29 11:15       ` Vu Ngoc San
From: Vu Ngoc San @ 2009-07-29 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: peng.zang; +Cc: caml-list

Le mercredi 29 juillet 2009 00:38:08, Peng Zang a écrit :
> That looks great.  Where upstream does this go?  INRIA?

I don't know. But of course whoever like it can use it !

* Re: [Caml-list] ocaml icon
@ 2009-07-29 11:26       ` blue storm
From: blue storm @ 2009-07-29 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: peng.zang; +Cc: caml-list, Vu Ngoc San

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:38 PM, Peng Zang<peng.zang@gmail.com> wrote:
> That looks great.

I'm not sure. I actually prefer the old icon. On the old icon, the
caml looks like a cool guy (or animal), on this new icon it looks (in
my eyes) as a pretentious basard. I think the bigger glasses look
pretentious, and the spiky ears remove the cute factor (round ears ->
teddy bear).
Also I don't like the colors, wich are colder and grayer.

My two cents.