* [Caml-list] camomile question
@ 2013-11-18 15:51 Matej Kosik
From: Matej Kosik @ 2013-11-18 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml

Hi,

When I took my native exectuable to a reasonably similar computer, albeit without Ocaml installation, I have noticed the following problem:

  ./main

     Fatal error: exception Failure("Cannot find camomile database directory,
     usually located here: '/usr/share/camomile/database'.
     Use environment variable CAMOMILE_DIR or CAMOMILE_DATADIR to locate it precisely.")

There are two solutions:
- sometimes I can install "libcamomile-ocaml-data" package
  (when I am lucky enough to have the root-access and when given package exists in a given distribution)
- or I can copy

    /usr/share/camomile

  from my system to the target system (somewhere) and set CAMOMILE_DIR on the target system to designate the root of the camomile directory.

Is there a way to compile my program so that the above problem would not arise at run-time?

Is it possible:

- to drop dependency on Camomile
  (if I do not need it -- the dependency was introduced by Batteries which I use)

if not, then:

- bundle that data with the executable? Is there an option for that?