From: Martin Jambon <martin.jambon@ens-lyon.org>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Moving ocaml to github (as well)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 22:41:52 -0800	[thread overview]

I would like to point out that Github is as much about people as it is
about code. Much of the communication happens there and discussions are
usually linked to a particular context (code diffs) unlike mailing-lists.

Github also makes it easy to judge the health of a project in a few
clicks. This matters for product adoption because the following
questions will arise:

1. Is the project popular enough so I won't have to fix any bug myself?
(God I hope I'll stay among the 99% passive users)

2. If a few problems are expected, will I be able to fix them myself?
(nothing like a good hack once in a while)

3. If bigger problems happen, can I afford to become a contributor?
(you guys better be really awesome)

Martin

--
Feel free to downvote this message.