On 15/01/2014 10:04, Adrien Nader wrote: > Hi, > > On Tue, Jan 14, 2014, Yotam Barnoy wrote: >> Dear List >> >> Are there plans to apply for GSOC mentorship this year? Searching online >> yielded only a rejected application from 2011. Applications for mentor >> organizations are due February 14th. > Then, if nothing has been started yet, it's probably already too late. > GSoC is fairly constraining and time-consuming. Nowadays, projects which > manage to do it have actually gotten experienced at it and this makes it > more difficult for new participants: they don't only have to do things > well, they have to do things better than projects which have been doing > it for 10 years. > > There's also a feeling that Google doesn't care about what happens in > OCaml-land (that's mostly speculation). I don't believe that Google (as a company) cares about Tor, yet the Tor project has been a mentoring organization since 2007. However, I have to agree that it is probably too late to prepare a (solid) application. > I believe it might be worth trying again. Many things have changed and > the projects that could be worked on now might appeal more to the GSoC > organizers. That would be for 2015 in my opinion though. I completely agree. Kind regards, Nicolas