Thank you, John, for the technical details. I had these in mind when I wrote "OCamlMakefile vs my Makefile", so the format "XXX vs YYY" was meant to attribute feature XXX to OCamlMakefile and YYY to my makefile. I should have been more explicit, sorry, but, then, I hardly ever use printf;-) For those of you who have students learning OCaml, I am particularly interested in your feedback with using my makefile. Thanks! Best, Christian > To correct a few: in OCamlmakefile: > >> * Builds library and toplevels vs none > > make top, make byte-code-no-link, make native-code-nolink > >> * Generates documentation vs none > > make htdoc/ltdoc/psdoc/pdfdoc > >> * Support for ocamlfind vs none > > PACKS = camlpdf > > to use ocamlfind packages. > > To get it to use ocamlfind all over, use > > REAL_OCAMLFIND=ocamlfind > > (not documented)