From: Benjamin Canou <benjamin.canou@gmail.com>
To: "Daniel Bünzli" <daniel.buenzli@erratique.ch>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] OCamlPro Highlights: Dec 2013 & Jan 2014
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 02:36:44 +0100	[thread overview]

   Dear all,

It seems that my faux olde english is quite poor, and that my message
reads as an angry attack at Daniel for some people. Of course it is not,
and Daniel, I apologize if you took it this way too. I'll treat you to a
pint next time we see each other. I just wanted to react to your quite
justified criticism, but since I found your tone a bit harsh, I chose to
reply with a bad joke tone in return. My not so good english and the
e-mail medium seem to have betrayed me.

So to clarify things, this is not a release announce, I thought that the
0.1 version number would make it clear, but here again, my mistake. Of
course, the proper release will include a documented interface. But for
now, there is no well documented public interface yet, on purpose. The
library is not frozen because it is still in design stage, and I am not
sure where to place the abstraction barrier, so I don't want anyone to
take an interface as granted. I made an early distribution so that my
blog entry could be backed by something tangible and to collect
potential users and remarks, as the ones of Romain. In this context, I
just gave a hint to Romain as how he could hack a bit, in absence of the
mlis he was searching for.

   Benjamin.