Hi, (**) in OCaml is implemented using the C stdlib pow function. AFAIK, there is no strict guarantees on the precision of these functions... -- JH Le 04/06/2014 22:21, Arthur Breitman a écrit : > Hello, > > How standard is exponentiation in ocaml? > > Specifically, is the result of > (**): float -> float -> float > guaranteed to be the same for the same input regardless of the compiler's > version? > > Are any number of digits guaranteed to be correct? In which case I could > truncate. > > I do not care too much about exactitude, but I need the operation's > semantic to be exactly defined. > > Best, > Arthur >