From: "David Baelde" <david.baelde@gmail.com>
To: "Hendrik Tews" <H.Tews@cs.ru.nl>
Cc: Ocaml <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Memory cost of a compaction
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:22:47 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

I actually started logging Gc compactions and a few other messages
after that mail. It showed me that many compactions happened before 10
hours of run, without any noticeable cost in memory consumption.
Besides, the OCaml heap is really small compared to the C heap.

Using mtrace() I actually found out that my bug is related to vorbis
(probably used in a wrong way in ocaml-vorbis in case of downsampling)
which after ten hours requires two 50MB PCM buffers...

Anyway, after a little thinking it seems to me that not much extra
memory is needed by compactions, you can just move things inside down
the heap without extra room, right?

David