That's great timing :) I've updated the libbin_prot README to describe the RPC functions and added a simple example code with an OCaml server and a C client. Cheers, Andre On 03/08/2017 04:08 AM, Jeremie Dimino wrote: > Hi Andre, > > This is really cool! Just a few days ago someone asked me if we could > talk to a RPC server from C, so it looks like we could use libbin_prot > right now. > > BTW, I've submitted a PR for the 1.0+beta1 of jbuilder yesterday, so > it should reach opam soon. > > Jeremie > > On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 7:13 PM, Andre Nathan wrote: >> Hi >> >> We have plans to make use of Jane Street's bin_prot-based RPC libraries >> for some future projects, but one requirement is that we must >> interoperate with clients written in other languages, namely PHP. >> >> So I've been working on these 3 projects to make this possible: >> >> * libbin_prot [1] is a C port of (most of) bin_prot, with added support >> for RPC clients. This was written to avoid having to implement bin_prot >> multiple times in other languages - one can just write bindings to the C >> library. >> >> * php-bin_prot [2] is a PHP extension binding libbin_prot. It supports >> both PHP 5 and 7. >> >> * ppx_bin_prot_interop [3] is a PPX rewriter that generates PHP code >> from OCaml type definitions. It's written in a way that it should be >> easy enough to add support for other languages, as it builds a >> sort-of-AST that just has to be converted to strings in the proper >> language syntax. It's a bit hackish but gets the job done. The >> repository includes an example with an OCaml RPC server and a PHP client. >> >> ppx_bin_prot_interop is not on OPAM yet because I'm relying on the >> latest jbuilder version that is only available on Jane Street's >> repository [4] as of now. You should still be able to use it via "opam >> pin" if you want to give it a try. >> >> [1] https://github.com/andrenth/libbin_prot >> [2] https://github.com/andrenth/php-bin_prot >> [3] https://github.com/andrenth/ppx_bin_prot_interop >> [4] opam repo add janestreet >> https://github.com/janestreet/opam-repository.git >> >> Now that OCaml can talk to PHP, world domination should not be too far. >> >> Cheers, >> Andre >> > > >