* [Caml-list] questions about merlin, vim and the Locate command
@ 2014-10-08 14:21 Matej Kosik
From: Matej Kosik @ 2014-10-08 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

Hi,

I have decided to check out Merlin
and configure it with vim editor.
There are two things I failed to figure out and I would be grateful for help.

(1)

When
- I use the "Locate" command
- and the corresponding definition is in the same ML-file
then the cursors jumps to the definition.

Is backtracking supported?
E.g., if you make 10 jumps forward, is it possible to gradually return where you started?
(something similar to the "tag stack" maintained "ctags" / "otags")

(2)

When the corresponding definition is in a different ML-file
then the current window is split into two windows
(one for the original position
 one with the requested definition)

Is there a way to prevent this window splitting?
That is, an appropriate buffer at appropriate position would be displayed in the current window?

* Re: [Caml-list] questions about merlin, vim and the Locate command
@ 2014-10-08 14:27 ` ygrek
From: ygrek @ 2014-10-08 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matej Kosik; +Cc: Caml List

Hi,

> Is backtracking supported?
> E.g., if you make 10 jumps forward, is it possible to gradually return where you started?
> (something similar to the "tag stack" maintained "ctags" / "otags")

The usual vim's Ctrl-O Ctrl-I works.

> Is there a way to prevent this window splitting?
> That is, an appropriate buffer at appropriate position would be displayed in the current window?

Put in ~/.vimrc

  let g:merlin_split_method = 'never'