* error using MSVC7.x and OCaml3.07:  entry point must be defined
@ 2005-05-12  0:02 Andrew Griffis
From: Andrew Griffis @ 2005-05-12  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I am compiling a group of C/C++ libraries and compiled Ocaml libraries
using ocamlopt and the MSVC7.x  tools, including Nmake (Version
7.00.9466, same as the associated MASM) and CL (version 13.00.9466).
The Ocamlopt version is 3.07. I am running under WinXP on an AMD Athlon
processor.

I consistently get the following error message when the final link step
executes:
"LINK : fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined"

I can write a simple .c program and a companion simple .ml program,
link them together and have the resultant ml-main routine call and
execute the c program correctly.   So the toolpath appears to work ok
for simple cases.

I have checked one of the intermediate ASM file results, and I do
indeed see an "EXTERN _Main__entry: PROC" statement which I would
assume would be carried through to the final stage of linking.

I would be grateful for any tips or suggestions, particularly if this
has been seen before, or if some obvious error in approach has been
taken.

Thanks,

Andy

Andrew Griffis, Ph.D.
Avisere, Inc.

+1 520 272 8199
+1 520 207 4560 (fax)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-05-12  0:00 UTC | newest]