On 02/02/2015 13:00, Gabriel Scherer wrote: > You should consider opening a problem report to OCaml upstream ( > http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/ ) explaining the use-case and asking for > a large-string-safe API (eg. taking and returning lists of strings). For the current use-case of Coq 8.5, I believe we may just hack around this temporarily by using char bigarrays and a dedicated C stub that wraps the demarshalling code around the bigarray one. There is already a dedicated caml_input_value_from_malloc in the C code... PMP