Le 4 sept. 09 à 11:32, Stéphane Glondu a écrit : >> I think a broad availability (either installed by default or at least >> *very* easy to install) on all supported platforms should be a >> start. As I understand Batteries is getting there. > > I would say it's software distributions' goal (GODI, Debian, etc.). Installing a software distribution is a "one more step" in the install. If you want to reach the widest audience it should be self contained. A guy who wants to try batteries wants to try batteries i.e. he doesn't want to waste his time in installing batteries. An experienced guy will be ready to take this time but a beginner will very easily get discouraged. And even the experienced guy will be ready to take this time on the condition that he is quite confident that this will bring something to him. From reading this thread it does not seem to be the case yet. Anyway beginners are certainly *the* audience to reach since the earlier you are addicted the harder you are detoxified. Furthermore as shown by this thread, many experienced guys already have their own ways of doing things. My opinion: at the moment, "wrapping" (install, doc, faq, quickstarts, web site, advertisement) should be a priority over new features. -- Vincent Aravantinos PhD Student - LIG - CAPP Team Grenoble, France +33.6.11.23.34.72 vincent.aravantinos@imag.fr http://membres-lig.imag.fr/aravantinos/