* [Caml-list] [ANN] Albatross 0.1
@ 2015-04-30 22:45 Helmut Brandl
From: Helmut Brandl @ 2015-04-30 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I am pleased to announce version 0.1 of the Albatross compiler.

The Albatross compiler suite is written in ocaml v4.0.

What is Albatross?

- A programming language with static verification (allthough version 0.1
is not yet able to compile real programs)

- A theorem prover and a proof assistant.

http://albatross-lang.sourceforge.net

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Albatross 0.1
@ 2015-05-03 21:54 ` Damien Guichard
From: Damien Guichard @ 2015-05-03 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

Congratulations.
It would be great to have yet another programming language with
certification included.

I am quite familiar with Eiffel 3 and ECMA Eiffel.
I have quickly read the Albatross Language Description.
Your syntax is very much Eiffel-ish :)

My guess is you plan to keep inheritance (for better proof reuse) but
sacrifice mutability.
I am right ? Can you elaborate about the final goal ?

- Damien Guichard