From: orbifx <fox@orbitalfox.eu>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] dune or opam bug ??
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 21:27:49 +0000	[thread overview]

On 13/12/2019 21:18, Philippe Strauss wrote:
> (notice the opam switch complete mixing of switch 4.09.0 w 4.02.3)
> (jane-street support then asked me to try the following: open a bash without profile or run-command execution, for compiling bonsai examples later)

Your environmental variables for your regular shell are probably messed up. This might also mean that packages you installed after it got messed up are also corrupted in subtle ways.

One way would be to trash out your `.opam` directory and remove any lines for OPAM initialisation (e.g. in `.bash_profile`) and starting again. Make sure there isn't anything you are going to miss if you delete `.opam` and be prepared to wait for the building of a new switch and the packages you need.