find attached a patch against the 4.02.3 tree that solves my issue with compiling the problematic examples. I am pretty confident that the change to eqtype is sound, I do not know exactly what moregen() is intended to do, though and it seems that its side-effects are required (that is why I expand the types there in any case). I appreciate any further comments, Christoph -- Christoph Höger Technische Universität Berlin Fakultät IV - Elektrotechnik und Informatik Übersetzerbau und Programmiersprachen Sekr. TEL12-2, Ernst-Reuter-Platz 7, 10587 Berlin Tel.: +49 (30) 314-24890 E-Mail: christoph.hoeger@tu-berlin.de