From: Anders Peter Fugmann <anders@fugmann.net>
To: Marek Kubica <marek@xivilization.net>
Cc: caml-list <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] ocaml-amqp 0.0.1
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 19:45:10 +0100	[thread overview]

On 07/11/15 15:32, Marek Kubica wrote:
> Hello Anders,
>
> I'm very happy to see the announcement! Esp. that it has found its way
> to OPAM. I was looking for AMQP libraries recently and found your on
> Github some days ago.
>
> Looking forward to try it, I could have potentially lot of uses for it!
Please let me know how it works out.

> On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 09:05:55 +0100
> Anders Peter Fugmann <anders@fugmann.net> wrote:
>
>> The library implements 0-9-1 specification of the protocol and
>> support for some Rabbitmq server extensions.
>
> Could you explain how it differs from netamqp? I see Issuu seems to
> maintain a fork of netamqp that runs on current OCaml versions.
The major difference is that netamqp is based on ocamlnet's async event
system whereas Ocaml-amqp is based on Core Async.

The bindings not only exposes the AMQP 0-9-1 protocol, but also
tries to give the developer a higher abstraction layer for using
standard Amqp patterns.

The library is written in my spare time, and has not yet been battle
tested in a production environment (Although I expect this to happen soon).

Please be aware that even though I do not expect major changes to the
API, the library is still in heavy development. Please send feedback,
including suggestions on the API so that these can be incorporated into
the next version.

> Also, are there plans to have an Lwt backend as well, in a similar way
> to Cohttp?
That is currently not a priority. I was considering it when I started
though.

> regards,
> Marek

Cheers