On 02.12.2015 19:59, Stanislav Artemkin wrote: > Hi all, > > I've just stumbled upon yet another question about unary negation parsing > (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34044873/passing-negative-integer-to-a-function-in-ocaml): > > let f x = x + 1 in > f -1 > > is not valid in OCaml. > > I'm just wondering why this issue is still not addressed in the parser? For > example, F# parses "f -1" as unary negation, but "f - 1" and "f-1" as binary > operator. It looks a bit tricky (as whitespace is taken into account), but feels so > natural when writing code. > > Is there any reason we can't have the same in OCaml? > > PS. I understand that it may break existing code, but it should be solvable by a > compiler option similar to -safe-string etc. > I think this is a non-issue, and it is easily explained to every beginner. And you say yourself: ... tricky .. whitespace ... may break existing code ... /Str.