* [Caml-list] announce: OCaml Network Application Environment (OCaml NAE)
@ 2004-09-05  5:06 james woodyatt
From: james woodyatt @ 2004-09-05  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Caml Trade, BEEP Builders

everyone—

The OCaml Network Application Environment is a project to provide a
modular framework of libraries in Objective Caml to support the
development of concurrent, single-thread-reactive network application
servers with a functional programming style.

	The project page on SourceForge is here
<URL:http://sf.net/projects/ocnae/>.

Its centerpiece will be a general-purpose implementation of the Blocks
Extensible Exchange Protocol (BEEP) Core, and other application
protocols may follow.  It is a work in progress, and most of the code
is not yet ready for production use, but a preview release is on the
near horizon.  (NOTE: This is *not* a solicitation for assistance.)

Previously on the Caml List, I have made announcements about a personal
project I called "Pagoda".  I have also mentioned that my earlier Iox
project has been abandoned and that I am working on a new project with
the same purpose in mind.  The OCaml NAE is that project; it has been
renamed to be more descriptive, and to resolve a conflict with another
project on the SourceForge.Net project hosting service.

The only package currently released in this project is the Core
Foundation (Cf) library, which is identical to the currently released
Cf library that is listed under my name on the Caml Humps.  I would be
grateful if the Humps could be updated to reflect the migration of this
library into the SourceForge File Release System.  I would also be
grateful if the Projects page at the Beepcore web site could be amended
to list this project as Type: Peer.

Additionally, I have just uploaded a raft of source code into the CVS
repository for the OCaml NAE project.  All of this new code, including
the current snapshot of the BEEP core implementation, has not been
published until now and it remains almost entirely undocumented.  I
mention it because developers of network application servers interested
in my progress may wish to monitor this SourceForge project.

I plan to make another announcement soon to the Caml list and the BEEP
Builders list when the preview release is available.

--
j h woodyatt <jhw@wetware.com>
don't take any wooden root certs...

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-09-05  5:06 UTC | newest]