* [Caml-list] Looking for a windows ocaml UTF-16 encoded filename aware library
@ 2016-02-05 10:54 Matthieu Dubuget
From: Matthieu Dubuget @ 2016-02-05 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml-list

Hello,

I'm currently analysing a NTFS file-tree with a windows OCaml native application.

This application is using:
- Unix.{opendir,readdir,closedir}
- and Unix.LargeFile.lstat

The unix library of OCaml distribution is using ANSI variants of system functions. This is working fine until files or directories whose UTF-16 encoded name cannot be converted into the code page in use are reached.

I'm about to write a small library to solve this problem: it would mimic the corresponding code from OCaml unix library, but using WIDE variants of microsoft system functions in the C stub instead of ANSI variants.

Before going on: do you know of any library that already do this I could use?

Thanks for any link.

Salutations

--
Matthieu Dubuget