* New: cppo, C preprocessor for OCaml
@ 2009-11-18  0:54 Martin Jambon
From: Martin Jambon @ 2009-11-18  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

It is my pleasure to announce the first release of cppo, an OCaml-friendly
equivalent of the C preprocessor (cpp).

Cppo provides the classic #include, #define and conditionals (#ifdef, ...)
which are occasionally useful.  Cppo can be used on OCaml files and variants
of OCaml that use the same lexer, such as ocamllex.

The implementation of cppo was tested with ocaml 3.09 to 3.11 and is based on
ocamllex/ocamlyacc (works also with menhir which I used during the development).

The documentation and the source tarballs are at:

  http://martin.jambon.free.fr/cppo.html

The package is also available from GODI (apps-cppo).

Enjoy.

Martin

--
http://mjambon.com/

* Re: [Caml-list] New: cppo, C preprocessor for OCaml
@ 2009-11-18  1:41 ` Goswin von Brederlow
From: Goswin von Brederlow @ 2009-11-18  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Jambon <martin.jambon@ens-lyon.org> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> It is my pleasure to announce the first release of cppo, an OCaml-friendly
> equivalent of the C preprocessor (cpp).
>
> Cppo provides the classic #include, #define and conditionals (#ifdef, ...)
> which are occasionally useful.  Cppo can be used on OCaml files and variants
> of OCaml that use the same lexer, such as ocamllex.
>
> The implementation of cppo was tested with ocaml 3.09 to 3.11 and is based on
> ocamllex/ocamlyacc (works also with menhir which I used during the development).
>

> The documentation and the source tarballs are at:
>
>   http://martin.jambon.free.fr/cppo.html
>
> The package is also available from GODI (apps-cppo).
>

> Enjoy.
>

> Martin

Without looking at it, is is camlp4 based and can I combine that with
other camlp4 modules or do I need to seperately preprocess the
source?

MfG
        Goswin

* Re: [Caml-list] New: cppo, C preprocessor for OCaml
@ 2009-11-18 11:33   ` Martin Jambon
From: Martin Jambon @ 2009-11-18 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Martin Jambon <martin.jambon@ens-lyon.org> writes:
>
>> Dear list,
>>
>> It is my pleasure to announce the first release of cppo, an OCaml-friendly
>> equivalent of the C preprocessor (cpp).
>>
>> Cppo provides the classic #include, #define and conditionals (#ifdef, ...)
>> which are occasionally useful.  Cppo can be used on OCaml files and variants
>> of OCaml that use the same lexer, such as ocamllex.
>>
>> The implementation of cppo was tested with ocaml 3.09 to 3.11 and is based on
>> ocamllex/ocamlyacc (works also with menhir which I used during the development).
>>

>> The documentation and the source tarballs are at:
>>
>>   http://martin.jambon.free.fr/cppo.html
>>
>> The package is also available from GODI (apps-cppo).
>>

>> Enjoy.
>>

>> Martin
>
> Without looking at it, is is camlp4 based and can I combine that with
> other camlp4 modules or do I need to seperately preprocess the
> source?

No, cppo is a standalone executable and is independent from camlp4 or camlp5.

Note that the camlp4 world has optcomp:

  http://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/optcomp/

Martin

--

@ 2009-11-18 13:38 ` Richard Jones
From: Richard Jones @ 2009-11-18 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 01:54:18AM +0100, Martin Jambon wrote:
> It is my pleasure to announce the first release of cppo, an OCaml-friendly
> equivalent of the C preprocessor (cpp).

All I need now is a camlp4-powerful macro preprocessor for my C code ...

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat

* Re: [Caml-list] New: cppo, C preprocessor for OCaml
@ 2009-11-25 23:54   ` Yoann Padioleau
From: Yoann Padioleau @ 2009-11-25 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 18, 2009, at 5:38 AM, Richard Jones wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 01:54:18AM +0100, Martin Jambon wrote:
>> It is my pleasure to announce the first release of cppo, an OCaml-
>> friendly
>> equivalent of the C preprocessor (cpp).
>
> All I need now is a camlp4-powerful macro preprocessor for my C
> code ...

Try coccinelle:
http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/