On 20 mars 09, at 16:25, Jerome Vouillon wrote: > Hi Alan, > > On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 03:38:22PM +0100, Alan Schmitt wrote: >> I am trying to use lwt under windows (using mingw), and I cannot >> get it >> to compile, because I cannot compile the required ocaml-ssl. > > I believe you can compile Lwt without the ocaml-ssl library by just > removing file src/lwt_ssl.mllib OK. I wanted to install it through godi, but I guess it will be simpler to compile it directly. (The ideal would be a configuration option to have ssl as optional.) > In file src/lwt_unix.ml, you should also change the line: > let windows_hack = Sys.os_type <> "Unix" > into > let windows_hack = false > This was a hack to make Unison work properly under Windows even though > "select" did not support pipes. As the implementation of "select" has > been improved in Ocaml 3.11, it should no longer be necessary. Very interesting, I was not aware of this. Thanks, Alan