* Re: [Caml-list] React.js programming in OCaml?
@ 2017-03-27 13:56 Hongbo Zhang (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)
From: Hongbo Zhang (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX) @ 2017-03-27 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ngzhian; +Cc: caml-list

Indeed, OCaml actually has the official support of ReactJS bindings provided by Facebook's Reason team and Bloomberg's BuckleScript compiler. According to React Conf 2017, it is used in production for already half a year and powered a quite large piece of components in FB's messenger.com
Note ReasonML provides JSX syntax which is more familiar to ReactJS users, but you can use either Reason syntax or vanilla OCaml syntax. Thanks -- Hongbo

From: ngzhian@gmail.com At: 03/26/17 11:41:19
To: asai@is.ocha.ac.jp
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] React.js programming in OCaml?

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Kenichi Asai <asai@is.ocha.ac.jp> wrote:

What is the best way to do react.js programming as introduced in

https://facebook.github.io/react/

in OCaml?  I found the tutorial on the above page written very well,
and I want to do the same thing in OCaml at the similar abstraction
level as in JS.  Any information is welcome.  Thanks in advance.

The closest thing I know is reason-react, reason is facebook's sugar syntax for ocaml for the web.
Bucklescript, is another javascript backend for ocaml, and has interop with javascript libraries.

I think the main difference is that [0] allows you to write JSX.

[0] https://github.com/reasonml/reason-react
[1] https://github.com/bloomberg/bucklescript/

--
Kenichi Asai

* Re: [Caml-list] React.js programming in OCaml?
@ 2017-03-26 15:36 ` Zhi An Ng
From: Zhi An Ng @ 2017-03-26 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Asai; +Cc: caml-list

@ 2017-03-26  9:57   ` Daniel Bünzli
From: Daniel Bünzli @ 2017-03-26  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David.Teller; +Cc: caml-list

On Sunday, 26 March 2017 at 11:54, David Teller wrote:
> If I recall correctly, React.js is actually a JS port of the following
> OCaml library: http://erratique.ch/software/react
>
> So that might be what you're looking for :)

I don't think so AFAIK react.js has nothing to do with functional reactive programming.

* Re: [Caml-list] React.js programming in OCaml?
@ 2017-03-26  9:54 ` David Teller
From: David Teller @ 2017-03-26  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

@ 2017-03-26  9:48 Kenichi Asai