Thanks for this awesome video! I was unaware that the Caml compiler did not optimize source code before generating native code. Now I am a little less afraid to study the actual compiler! Your point about a lack of GUI libraries is great - however it seems as though they are not as important as they once were. The amazing javascript toolkits [1] that have sprung up over the last year (along with the Ocsigen and OBrower project [2]) have filled most of that vaccum. As long as there are libraries that provide an easy way to hook up with a web client is there still a compelling reason to develop native GUI toolkits? Regards -Aditya Siram [1] http://www.sproutcore.com/ , http://qooxdoo.org/ , http://cappuccino.org/ [2] http://ocsigen.org/ 2009/3/13 Yaron Minsky > For those who are interested, I just posted a video of a talk I gave at CMU > several weeks ago about Jane Street's use of OCaml. This is an updated > version of the talk I gave at POPL last year. Various people have expressed > an interest in showing the talk to their undergraduate classes, so I thought > it worth mentioning on the list. > > Here's the link: > > http://ocaml.janestreet.com/?q=node/61 > > I can also provide the original quicktime file from which this is based on > request. > > y > > _______________________________________________ > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management: > http://yquem.inria.fr/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/caml-list > Archives: http://caml.inria.fr > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs > >