* Internships and Post-doctoral Positions at MSR Cambridge
@ 2005-01-02  4:07 Don Syme
From: Don Syme @ 2005-01-02  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Caml-list,

On behalf of those at Microsoft Research, Cambridge, I would like to
announce that applications for intern positions at our lab for 2005 are
now being accepted.  Our lab has a number of groups, but of particular
interest may be the Distributed Systems group
(http://research.microsoft.com/camdis/), the Programming Principles and
Tools group (http://research.microsoft.com/ppt/) and the Security group
(http://research.microsoft.com/security/)  For myself I am particularly
interested in applications for projects related to type systems, virtual
machines and/or aspects of language design and implementation related to
.NET, ML and F# (http://research.microsoft.com/projects/fsharp).
Specific interests of other researchers are detailed on their home
pages, and in general you should consider discussing potential projects
with a specific researcher soon after applying.

Cambridge is a great place to work, and Internships normally last 12
weeks and most commonly occur over the summer. Applicants should be
graduate students on PhD programs.

For summer 2005 Internships, the deadline for complete applications is
28th February 2005, and references have to be received by this date. The
admission process is quite competitive, and we encourage applications in
good time before the deadline. We aim to notify candidates of the
outcome of their applications by the end of April 2005.

Full details and application forms can be found at the following link:

http://research.microsoft.com/aboutmsr/jobs/internships/cambridge.aspx

In addition, we are always open to applications for a smaller number of
post-doctoral positions.  Full details can be found at

http://research.microsoft.com/aboutmsr/jobs/cambridgepostdoc.aspx

Don Syme

MSR Cambridge
http://research.microsoft.com/aboutmsr/labs/cambridge/default.aspx