* glGetInteger not in lablGL?
@ 2007-04-30 21:46 Carlos Scheidegger
From: Carlos Scheidegger @ 2007-04-30 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi everyone,

	I'm looking for the equivalent OpenGL call to glGetInteger in lablGL, and I
can't find it. This is probably a stupid question, (and I'm not even sure
whether caml-list is the right place for this) but has anyone ever needed to
do the equivalent of glGetInteger(GL_VIEWPORT, x) in OCaml using lablGL? I can
see the get_matrix calls, but nothing else? Is this unimplemented? (and, if
so, how could I contribute the fix?)

	Thank you very much in advance,
-carlos

* Re: [Caml-list] glGetInteger not in lablGL?
@ 2007-05-01  7:24 ` Daniel Bünzli
From: Daniel Bünzli @ 2007-05-01  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

Le 30 avr. 07 à 23:46, Carlos Scheidegger a écrit :

> (and I'm not even sure whether caml-list is the right place for this)

There's no other list so I think it's right.

> but has anyone ever needed to
> do the equivalent of glGetInteger(GL_VIEWPORT, x) in OCaml using
> lablGL?

Usually I don't need it because unless the viewport is specified by a
third party library, this information is usually setup by you, hence
you can store it somewhere for yourself if needed.

> Is this unimplemented?

Yes it is unimplemented. I don't think it is worth implementing
because in general querying OpenGL state with glGet (e.g. to get the
current matrix) should be avoided, it is too slow [1]. It's faster to
have a mirror of this information on your side.

Best,

Daniel

[1] http://www.mesa3d.org/brianp/sig97/perfopt.htm#Misc