* huge low-latency ocaml cluster?
@ 2009-05-12 15:30 Joel Reymont
From: Joel Reymont @ 2009-05-12 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone have an API for Amazon EC2, S3 or SimpleDB?

I need to write an app to push content to hundreds of thousands
of users, connected to a bunch of servers. Think liveblogging.
You push a button and your post needs to be in front of eager
readers within a couple of seconds.

The client-facing interface is Flash sockets and HTTP.

I'm thinking of allocating up to 10k users per server so
clustering is a must. I haven't decided how to ago about it
but I'm wondering if it's time to resurrect Ensemble [1,2]!

Any advice or suggestions?

	Thanks, Joel

[1] http://caml.inria.fr/pub/old_caml_site/caml-list/0315.html
[2] http://dsl.cs.technion.ac.il/projects/Ensemble

---
Mac hacker with a performance bent
http://linkedin.com/in/joelreymont

* Re: [Caml-list] huge low-latency ocaml cluster?
@ 2010-03-26  4:01 ` William Le Ferrand
From: William Le Ferrand @ 2010-03-26  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)