* [Caml-list] Checking the usage of “Str.search_forward”
@ 2019-06-06  8:20 Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2019-06-06  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I would like to use OCaml code like “try ignore (Str.search_forward (Str.regexp " when done") xb 6); …”.
Now I am looking for the explanation of the message “Fatal error:
exception Invalid_argument("Str.search_forward")”.

Regards,
Markus

* Re: [Caml-list] Checking the usage of “Str.search_forward”
@ 2019-06-06 11:34 ` Nicolás Ojeda Bär
From: Nicolás Ojeda Bär @ 2019-06-06 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Markus,

Are you sure that String.length xb >= 6 ?

Cheers,
Nicolás

@ 2019-06-06 14:07   ` Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2019-06-06 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolás Ojeda Bär; +Cc: caml-list

> Are you sure that String.length xb >= 6 ?

* Do you expect the information “Raises Invalid_argument if the string length
  is shorter than the passed start position”?

* Would an extension become helpful for the documentation of this function call?

@ 2019-06-07  8:04     ` David Allsopp
From: David Allsopp @ 2019-06-07  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Markus Elfring', Nicolás Ojeda Bär; +Cc: caml-list

Yes, cf. https://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/libref/String.html#VALindex_from

> * Would an extension become helpful for the documentation of this
> function call?

Yes - would you be able to make a pull request?

David