A while ago, I sent Pierre Weis a patch to make camlimages compatible with the new versions of libpng. I do not know if he used it, but please find it attached. This should solve the first problem. Next, there is a bug in omake, which prevents the libraries from being detected properly. The "dummy" version of the files get used instead of the correct ones. A friend of mine, Florian Hatat, sent a correction for ubuntu. We did not test it on mac. Maybe some ocamlbuild expert could write some tags to make camlimages compile with ocamlbuild ? This library is really useful, only the build system is hard to use. Cheers, Pierre