From: Adrien <camaradetux@gmail.com>
To: "forum@x9c.fr" <forum@x9c.fr>
Cc: caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] OCaml-Java project : beta version
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 20:03:06 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

I am running under Vista right now (this is unusual for me). This
computer does not have ocaml installed, nor cygwin, mingw, msys or
msvc. The only related program it has is java 1.6. However the same
happens under winXP.

In a command prompt if I run "javaw ocaml.jar", I get a graphical
message box telling me :
  Java Virtual Machine Launcher
  ---------------------------
  Could not find the main class. Program will exit.

If I rather run "java ocaml.jar", the error message is:
  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ocaml/jar

I've seen in your roadmap you have to port it to java 1.6. Does it
mean that meanwhile it is absolutely impossible to run ocamljava with
java6 ?

Thanks.

PS : by the way, your ocaml repl works really nicely ; I've used it
under internet explorer, k-meleon, opera, firefox, xp or vista (only
k-meleon and ie then) but not linux as I usually don't have the jvm.
It has been useful several times. Thanks. :)

 ---

Adrien Nader