From: Max Mouratov <mmouratov@gmail.com>
To: fa.caml@googlegroups.com
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Re: [ANN] Godi for Windows
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 03:42:11 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:25:13 AM UTC+6, Andreas wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 05:03:34 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Max Mouratov <mmouratov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello. The email address provided on the official WODI page does not
>
> > work ("DNS Error: Domain name not found"), so I write here.
>

> Ok,
>
> I've replaced the domain now.
>

> > The following packages seem to work without a hitch: batteries,
>
> > easy-format, menhir, ounit, pcre, sexplib, type_conv, ulex.
>

> Fine :)
>

> > The zip package has a problem -- it lacks the necessary stub library
>
> > (dllzip_stubs.dll). I had to build it myself using the sources of
>
> > camlzip at http://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/camlzip/.
>

> godi-zip is indeed broken. I've updated godi-zip to version 1.05 and
>
> hopefully fixed it.
>

> > I was also able to build, install and use the following libraries by
>
> > Martin Jambon:
>
> > - atd: http://oss.wink.com/atd/
>
> > - atdgen: http://oss.wink.com/atdgen/
>
> > - biniou: http://mjambon.com/biniou.html
>
> > - yojson: http://mjambon.com/yojson.html
>
> > - cppo: http://mjambon.com/ocaml.html
>

> Martin Jambon has already created (godi-) build instructions for all
>
> these libraries, however they were not updated to the newest version
>
> and so didn't compile.
>
> I have now updated them. If Martin Jambon didn't change his makefiles
>
> in a fundamental way, the new packages should work.
>

> cu,
>
>  Andreas
>

> --

Excellent job, Andreas! Huge Success! There finally is a binary OCaml distribution that _just works_, a tool of great practical importance for the rest of us, the forgotten souls, who have to deal with Windows.

atd    -- works!
atdgen -- works!
biniou -- works!
yojson -- works!
cppo   -- works!
zip    -- works!

New package requests: ocamlgraph and pa_monad. If you added these packages to the WODI database, then I would gladly test them on my projects.