* [Caml-list] some camlp4 documentations
@ 2012-05-12 16:21 Hongbo Zhang
From: Hongbo Zhang @ 2012-05-12 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi, List
    I have read camlp4 source tree for quite a long time, and compiled
it here
   http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~hongboz/hongbo_zhang_files/temp.pdf
   It's still preliminary, and contains many errors.

   my 2 cents:
   1. don't use camlp4 for 3.12.0 (too many bugs there), it's fine in 3.12.1

   2. spend some time in ocamlbuild (covered in chap2), it's very easy
to build any camlp4 extension, (not as hard as you thought)

   3. write a quick hack extension is straight-foward. a robust
extesnsion is not easy. But, due to the fact that your camlp4Ast will be
dumped to ocamlast, and to typedtree, the bug will be found later in
most cases, so it's still a very powerful tool

* Re: [Caml-list] some camlp4 documentations
@ 2012-06-05  7:23 ` Hendrik Tews
From: Hendrik Tews @ 2012-06-05  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hongbo Zhang <bobzhang1988@gmail.com> writes:

      I have read camlp4 source tree for quite a long time, and compiled
   it here
     http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~hongboz/hongbo_zhang_files/temp.pdf
     It's still preliminary, and contains many errors.

The current camlp4 documentation seems to be at
http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/Camlp4

It would be nice, if you could put your findings there. Or if you
could place links to your document on the relevant pages.

Long ago I compiled a list of undocumented camlp4 features (now
at http://askra.de/software/ocamlp5/camlp5-undoc.html), some
points there do still apply.

Bye,

Hendrik