* Ocaml, MacOSX and GUIs
@ 2006-07-14  1:46 Erik de Castro Lopo
From: Erik de Castro Lopo @ 2006-07-14  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi all,

I'm about to do some coding which needs to be cross platform
(windows Linux and MaxOSX), requires a simple GYI and needs to
be reasonably easy to install the resulting executable. For my
favourite platform, Linux, this is a done deal. Thanks!

On windows I will probably choose the MinGW based environment.
For Mac, I notice that there is a pre-compiled Mac binaries for
the compiler:

    http://caml.inria.fr/distrib/ocaml-3.09/ocaml-3.09.0.dmg

I presume that these are PowerPC binaries. Is that correct? Is
there likely to be a version soon targetting the Intel CPU soon?

So, on to GUIs. My GUI requirements are rather simple. In fact
the lablTk libraries should do the trick. Has anyone actually
done any Ocaml development with a lablTk GUI targeting all three
platforms? If so, how did it work out?

Cheers,
Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo
I'd rather not work with people who aren't careful. It's darwinism in
software development.
	Linus Torvalds on the linux-kernel list