* WAS Re: [Caml-list] Re: The need to specify 'rec' in a recursive  function defintion
@ 2010-02-16 16:47 Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2010-02-16 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashish Agarwal; +Cc: Stefan Monnier, caml-list

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Ashish Agarwal <agarwal1975@gmail.com> wrote:
> let rec

Do OCaml'er look at let rec more as being a message to the programmer,
rather than the compiler, that the way I want to define this function
is recursively so even if 'f' was previously bound you know which one
I mean?

Considering the language allows mutation, I feel like it is more for
humans than the compiler, but of course, the compiler must be told,
too.