* Announce: OCaml NAE release cf-0.10, nx-0.0 and iom-0.4
@ 2008-06-04  5:28 james woodyatt
From: james woodyatt @ 2008-06-04  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Caml Trade

everyone--

My "OCaml Network Application Environment" project is not abandoned.
I'm just not as fast as we would like at producing maintenance
releases when the compiler system changes break my code.  Sorry about
that.  Anyway, I have made some minor updates and pushed out a new set
of release files.  Here are the highlights...

	<http://sourceforge.net/projects/ocnae>

There's lots more unreleased in CVS, in case anyone wants to go
peeking at it.  I've just released the relatively stable stuff.

===== OCaml NAE Core Foundation (cf) library =====

This distribution is the Objective Caml Network Application
Environment (NAE)
Core Foundation library, which is a collection of miscellaneous
extensions to
the Objective Caml standard library.

Highlighted features include:

- Functional streams and stream processors (extended).
- Functional bootstrapped skew-binomial heap.
- Functional red-black binary tree (associative array).
- Functional sets based on red-black binary tree.
- Functional real-time catenable deque.
- Functional LL(x) parsing using state-exception monad.
- Functional lazy deterministic finite automaton (DFA).
- Functional lexical analyzer (using lazy DFA and monadic parser).
- Functional substring list manipulation (message buffer chains).
- Gregorian calendar date manipulation.
- Standard time manipulation.
- System time in Temps Atomique International (TAI).
- Unicode transcoding.
- Universal resource identifier (URI) manipulation.

===== OCaml NAE Network Extensions (nx) library =====

This distribution is the Objective Caml Network Application
Environment (NAE)
"Network Extensions" library, which is a set of low-level interfaces
designed
for advanced network programming.

Highlights include...

- Extended socket interface (supports more options, and UDP w/
multicast).
- I/O event multiplexing (with Unix.select).

===== OCaml NAE Reactive I/O Monad (iom) library =====

This distribution is the Objective Caml Network Application
Environment (NAE)
Reactive I/O Monad library, which implements I/O monad functions
designed to
facilitate writing of concurrent, reactive, single-threaded network
application
services in a functional style.

Note: see the ISSUES file for a list of open problems in this release.

===== Required Components =====

This library requires the following external components:

- Objective Caml (v3.10.0 or newer)
- Findlib (tested with v1.1.2p1)

—
j h woodyatt <jhw@conjury.org>
http://jhw.vox.com/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-06-04  5:28 UTC | newest]