* glibc and ocaml/libasmrun.a
@ 2005-01-12  7:29 Radu Grigore
From: Radu Grigore @ 2005-01-12  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I have trouble distributing a self contained executable.

Two users reported "collect_events: /lib/i686/libc.so.6: version
`GLIBC_2.3' not found". I do not have any control over their system,
so I tried to link statically against glibc by using:

  ocamlopt -ccopt -static collect_events.ml

I get:

  /usr/local/lib/ocaml/libasmrun.a(unix.o)(.text+0x241): In function
`caml_dlopen':
  warning: Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires
at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for
linking

At first I thought that my program uses a library function whose
implementation explicitly tries to load dynamically. But the same
warning is obtained if collect_events.ml is an empty file. It looks
like the interpreter itself wants to link dynamically against glibc.
Is this a correct diagnostic? Is there a way around it?

Other info:
  ocaml version 3.08.1
  my system: Fedora Core 1
  user system: (probably[0]) RedHat 7