* ANN: cfind 0.0.0
@ 2005-04-15  7:33 Radu Grigore
From: Radu Grigore @ 2005-04-15  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

to that of Google Desktop from the command line. It is written
entirely in OCaml.

Homepage: http://cfind.sourceforge.net/

I'll appreciate any input from the OCaml community.

--
regards,
  radu

* Re: [Caml-list] ANN: cfind 0.0.0
@ 2005-04-15 10:35 ` Jan Kybic
From: Jan Kybic @ 2005-04-15 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Radu Grigore; +Cc: caml-list

> to that of Google Desktop from the command line. It is written
> entirely in OCaml.
>
> Homepage: http://cfind.sourceforge.net/
>
> I'll appreciate any input from the OCaml community.

It looks definitely very useful. Proposed extensions and changes:

- configurable choise of a lexer. For example there could be a table
  (read from a configuration file) with regular expressions matching
  path and file names, association them to parsers.

- If I understand your code correctly, in TeX files only
  command names are indexed, is it correct? Then I might prefer a
  different lexer, which ignores comments and command names and
  indexes the words in the text.

- It should be also possible to apply other configurable filters to
  the files before indexing. An example would be to decompress
  all "*.gz" or "*.bz2" files before indexing

- More complicate logical expressions defining match, in the spirit of:
  "functional" AND "lazy" AND NOT "Haskell"

- It would be nice to be able to break files into smaller units and to
  find the units which match, not the whole file. A typical example
  would be email in mbox format, or perhaps functions in a program.

Good luck,

Jan

Jan Kybic <kybic@fel.cvut.cz>                       tel. +420 2 2435 5721
http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz/~kybic                      ICQ 200569450