* [Caml-list] About Packs using Functors and Recursivity
@ 2020-09-24 13:02 Muriel SHAN SEI FAN
From: Muriel SHAN SEI FAN @ 2020-09-24 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

We are pleased to share a new blogpost about functor units and functor
packs.

The first part shows our work to generate functor units and functor packs:
Rehabilitating Packs using Functors and Recursivity, part 1. 1
<https://www.ocamlpro.com/2020/09/24/rehabilitating-packs-using-functors-and-recursivity-part-1/>

    /Packs in the OCaml ecosystem are kind of an outdated concept
    (options -pack and -for-pack the OCaml manual, and their main
    utility has been overtaken by the introduction of module aliases in
    OCaml 4.02. What if we tried to redeem them and give them a new
    youth and utility by adding the possibility to generate functors or
    recursive packs?/
    /This blog post covers the functor units and functor packs, while
    the next one will be centered around recursive packs. Both RFCs are
    currently developed by JaneStreet and OCamlPro. This idea was
    initially introduced by functor packs (Fabrice Le Fessant) and later
    generalized by functorized namespaces (Pierrick Couderc et al.).
    /

Cheers,
Muriel, OCamlPro <https://timeline.ocamlpro.com>

* Re: [Caml-list] About Packs using Functors and Recursivity
@ 2020-09-24 16:12 ` Andreas Rossberg
From: Andreas Rossberg @ 2020-09-24 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: muriel.shanseifan; +Cc: caml-list

> On 24. Sep 2020, at 15:02, Muriel SHAN SEI FAN <muriel.shanseifan@ocamlpro.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> We are pleased to share a new blogpost about functor units and functor packs.
>
> The first part shows our work to generate functor units and functor packs:
> Rehabilitating Packs using Functors and Recursivity, part 1. 1 <https://www.ocamlpro.com/2020/09/24/rehabilitating-packs-using-functors-and-recursivity-part-1/>

Very nice, I’ve been hoping for something like this! Will it also support multiple functor parameters?

Cheers,
/Andreas

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: [Caml-list] About Packs using Functors and Recursivity
@ 2020-09-25  8:30 Pierrick Couderc
From: Pierrick Couderc @ 2020-09-25  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Rossberg, muriel.shanseifan; +Cc: caml-list

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your feedback!
Actually yes, it supports multiple parameters by simply giving multiple `-parameter <module>` options to the compiler.

Cheers,
Pierrick