* [Caml-list] camldebug with emacs
@ 2001-12-22 19:21 Johann Spies
From: Johann Spies @ 2001-12-22 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I am trying to get camldebug to work with emacs.  According to
the manual it is about the easiest way to do it.

But, what I read in the manual, does not work with emacs.
According to the tuareg manual I should be able to do the
following:

`M-x camldebug' FILE starts the Caml debugger camldebug on the executable
FILE, with input and output in an Emacs buffer named *camldebug-FILE*.

But I am not able to type in a file name with M-x camldebug.
I can only type in M-x camldebug, M-x camldebug-mode or M-x
camldebug-step and if I choose the first or last one I get:
Symbol function definition is void: camldebug-call or
Symbol function definition is void: camldebug-mode-map.

What am I missing or is this a bug in tuareg mode?

Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 021-982 2694 / 082 782 0336 / 021-808 4036(w)
             Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536

* Re: [Caml-list] camldebug with emacs
@ 2001-12-30  4:02 ` Ian Zimmerman
From: Ian Zimmerman @ 2001-12-30  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCAML

Johann> I am trying to get camldebug to work with emacs.  According to
Johann> the manual it is about the easiest way to do it.

Johann> But, what I read in the manual, does not work with emacs.
Johann> According to the tuareg manual I should be able to do the
Johann> following:

Johann> `M-x camldebug' FILE starts the Caml debugger camldebug on the
Johann> executable FILE, with input and output in an Emacs buffer
Johann> named *camldebug-FILE*.

Johann> But I am not able to type in a file name with M-x camldebug.
Johann> I can only type in M-x camldebug, M-x camldebug-mode or M-x
Johann> camldebug-step and if I choose the first or last one I get:
Johann> Symbol function definition is void: camldebug-call or Symbol
Johann> function definition is void: camldebug-mode-map.

Johann> What am I missing or is this a bug in tuareg mode?

It works fine for me with the normal caml-mode.  (I should know,
because I wrote it :)  Admittedly, this is still 3.01.

I guess what you see is a "minor incompatibility" with Tuareg.  I
don't think the ocaml maintainers can be bothered documenting how a
contributed piece of Emacs code that isn't part of the distribution
works.  I think you have to take this up with Tuareg's author.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087