* [Caml-list] problem with threads and ocamldep
@ 2004-06-22 13:58 Conway, Christopher L (Christopher)** CTR **
From: Conway, Christopher L (Christopher)** CTR ** @ 2004-06-22 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'caml-list@inria.fr'

I am having a problem adding threads to a large project I am working on. If I added "-thread" and "threads.cmxa" and compile, it works fine. However, when I run ocamldep, it generates a dependency on $(OCAML_BUILD_DIR)/lib/ocaml/thread.cmi which then leads to the following when I run make:

ocamlc -thread <snip> -c $(OCAML_BUILD_DIR)/lib/ocaml/thread.mli
I/O error: $(OCAML_BUILD_DIR)/lib/ocaml/thread.cmi: Permission denied

The dependency on thread.cmi seems to be bogus. Is there a switch I can give ocamldep so that it won't generate this? Is it likely that something in my build process is tricking ocamldep into producing it? I've tried this a number of ways, and can't get the thread code to compile alongside the rest of the project.

Chris

* Re: [Caml-list] problem with threads and ocamldep
@ 2004-06-22 17:29 ` David MENTRE
From: David MENTRE @ 2004-06-22 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Conway, Christopher L (Christopher)** CTR **; +Cc: 'caml-list@inria.fr'

Hello Christopher,

"Conway, Christopher L (Christopher)** CTR **" <cconway@lucent.com> writes:

> I am having a problem adding threads to a large project I am working
> on. If I added "-thread" and "threads.cmxa" and compile, it works
> fine. However, when I run ocamldep, it generates a dependency on
> $(OCAML_BUILD_DIR)/lib/ocaml/thread.cmi which then leads to the
> following when I run make:

I faced a similar issue with lablgtk. Put only *your* source files into
ocamldep call, no compiler flag or libraries.

I hope it'll solve your problem.

Yours,
david
--