* [Caml-list] Intelligent handling of dependencies in complex ocaml projects
@ 2004-04-14 12:30 Cezary Kaliszyk
From: Cezary Kaliszyk @ 2004-04-14 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

We are developing a complex ocaml project with several modules contained
in different subdirectiories.

Compilation of some some executables in some directories depends on
libraries compiled in other subdirectories.

We'd like to be able to automatically generate cross-directory
dependencies in format expected by Make.

Ocamldep is insufficient becouse it requires providing all
source files (from all directories) in command line.

Different subprojects depend on different external libraries. These
libraries may require different linkingflags. Some of them are
contradictory. So I can't call ocamldep like
  ocamldep `find . -name "*.ml"`
because it requires all those flags together.

Is there any utility which allows doin it automatiacly?

--
Cezary Kaliszyk