* [Caml-list] build query:  ocamlbuild.cmx
@ 2013-02-08 21:54 Joshua D. Guttman
From: Joshua D. Guttman @ 2013-02-08 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Joshua D. Guttman

I recently installed ocaml version 4.00.1, after which I
wanted to install cryptokit.  However, the cryptokit install
fails with

+ /usr/local/bin/ocamlopt -I /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild unix.cmxa /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuildlib.cmxa myocamlbuild.ml /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild.cmx -o myocamlbuild
File "myocamlbuild.ml", line 1:
Error: Cannot find file /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild.cmx

And indeed, /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ contains

Directory /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild/
ocamlbuild.cmo		 ocamlbuildlib.a	ocamlbuild_unix_plugin.cmi
ocamlbuild_executor.cmi  ocamlbuildlib.cma	ocamlbuild_unix_plugin.cmo
ocamlbuild_executor.cmo  ocamlbuildlib.cmxa	ocamlbuild_unix_plugin.cmx
ocamlbuild_executor.cmx  ocamlbuild_pack.cmi	ocamlbuild_unix_plugin.o
ocamlbuild_executor.o	 ocamlbuild_plugin.cmi

but no ocamlbuild.cmx.  During the ocaml installation, there
was a comment about not installing ocamlbuild.cmx and
ocamlbuild.o, and the file _build/not_installed contains:

ocamlbuild.native
ocamlbuild.cmx
ocamlbuild.o

I'm sure that there must be a simple way to force these to
be generated and installed, but I don't see it.

Thanks so much --

        Joshua
--
	Joshua D. Guttman
	WPI, Computer Science

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-02-08 21:54 UTC | newest]