From: David MENTRE <dmentre@linux-france.org>
To: Basile STARYNKEVITCH <basile@starynkevitch.net>
Cc: caml-list@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Looking for pointers regarding integration of OCaml plugins into OCaml native code
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:51:51 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello Basile,

Basile STARYNKEVITCH <basile@starynkevitch.net> writes:

> Maybe the easiest way is to stay within the bytecode... Do you really
> need the performance of native code? You might also try with
> ocamljitrun (but I admit that I don't have much time maintaining it).

Yes, ocamljitrun offers in interesting fourth alternative.

In fact, I don't really need right now this facility. But I'm a bit
frustrated, when writing a program in OCaml using native code compiler,
to be unable to extend it with dynamically loadable OCaml code. It is
easier to write plugins for an OCaml program in Python, Perl or Lua than
in OCaml. :-)

Best wishes,
d.
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <dmentre@linux-france.org>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A