* [Caml-list] OPAM: installing batteries pa_strings.
@ 2013-05-27 13:25 Ivan Gotovchits
From: Ivan Gotovchits @ 2013-05-27 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

It seems that I'm the only person in the Internet having such problem.

I do
$ opam install batteries
$ find -name 'pa_string*'

Nothing is found.

Batteries says nothing bad when installing everything seems work ok,
except that no pa_ modules are installed. Though batteries.cma and
batteriesThread.cma are installed...

What am I doing wrong?

--
         (__)
         (oo)

* Re: [Caml-list] OPAM: installing batteries pa_strings.
@ 2013-05-27 14:28 ` Gabriel Scherer
From: Gabriel Scherer @ 2013-05-27 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan Gotovchits; +Cc: caml-list

Due to maintainance problems and lack of apparent interest among
users, Batteries 2.0 release got rid of its syntax extensions. See the
announcement here:
  https://lists.forge.ocamlcore.org/pipermail/batteries-devel/2012-November/001762.html

If you care about any of the syntax extensions that were present, I
recommend that you package them separately.

Max Mouratov has kindly done the work of packaging pa_where and
pa_comprehension, providing OASIS metada for them on the developer
side (which should make easy to deploy and install them on any system)
- https://bitbucket.org/cakeplus/pa_where/src
- https://bitbucket.org/cakeplus/pa_comprehension/src
and OPAM packages on the packaging side (which makes them practically
easy to install through OPAM)
- https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam-repository/tree/master/packages/pa_comprehension.0.4
- https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam-repository/tree/master/packages/pa_where.0.4

I'm not aware of ongoing work to package pa_string, but reusing the
OASIS and OPAM metadata of those two extensions should make that very
easy.

@ 2013-05-28  5:48   ` Ivan Gotovchits
From: Ivan Gotovchits @ 2013-05-28  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel Scherer; +Cc: caml-list

Gabriel Scherer <gabriel.scherer@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm not aware of ongoing work to package pa_string, but reusing the
> OASIS and OPAM metadata of those two extensions should make that very
> easy.

Indeed, I was looking for a pa_comprehension, but noted pa_string because
it was easier to type)). A META file in batteries 2.0 distribution, that
still mentions "syntax" subpackage has confused me.

Thanks for the help!